Find Focus & Flow
February 12-21, 2022
Creative Sabbatical: A curated retreat designed to lead you through the pillars of sabbatical within a community of like-minded creatives.
This experience in Nicaragua is for those who seek to align their passion with their purpose. If you are:
- feeling as if all your work is starting to look the same
- experiencing burn-out cycles more frequently than ever, and you’ve tried everything
- having to push yourself daily, and it’s been that way for a while
- tired of trying to explain your passion to people who don’t get it
- feeling like your passion for your work/project is waning
- craving a change in your scenery
- an adventurous spirit
- seeking mindfulness in your efforts
- a soul-searching individual
. . . then this Creative Sabbatical is exactly what you need.
Your Sabbatical Itinerary
(Days 1, 2 & 3)
These days are set up to give space for physical rest, redirect your energy, take a pause, & create disconnection from your daily routine & responsibilities
Workshops we will host during these first three days are:
Discover Your Entrepreneur Archetype Workshop
Why do you want to be an entrepreneur? This workshop unravels who you are and enables you to explore your entrepreneurial approach in a way that better structures your approach to your business or passion project.
Alignment & Connection Workshop
Connecting who you are with what you’re creating. This workshop enables you to reconnect with your personal values and learning how to infuse them into your business or project.
Chakra Balancing Workshop
with Guided Meditation with holistic healer, Natalie Namaste
Awakening to the Chakras is a gentle journey of self-discovery, healing, and balance. We will learn about the chakras, how to connect with them, and I will share techniques for releasing stuck energy, healing yourself, and increasing your light!
(Days 4, 5 & 6)
Eliminate distractions & be empowered with new tools to change any patterns that brought you to the fuzzy, unfocused feelings.
Workshops we will host during the next three days are:
This workshop will help you identify personal patterns of behavior and learn how to leverage them in ways that help you successfully activate your endeavors. You will tap into self-awareness around personal energy management and de-construct your personal self-care rules. Learn supportive rituals and routines to help bring stability and focus to your efforts.
Navigating Transformation Workshop
This workshop identifies the four stages of transformation. By identifying which stage of your own journey you are in, you will be able to make adjustments to your perspectives and personal behaviors.
Energy Tracking Workshop
Understand your unique flow of energy and creative cadence. Creating a unique template to see what drains you and what fills you up is essential. In this workshop, access a framework to help you optimize your schedule and the tasks you set for yourself.
(Days 7, 8 & 9)
Infuse intention into your project, organize your ideas and inspirations into a solid plan.
Workshops we will host during the final three days are:
Business Mechanics Work Session
Pragmatic tools for prioritizing/organizing, action maps, self-awareness around the creative flow.
Overcoming Fear Workshop:
Does fear play a part in your decision-making? Does it stop you from learning or testing yourself in ways that would propel you further? This workshop walks you through 8 steps to help you overcome fears, anxiety, and worries that hold you back. You will learn how to diminish feelings of insecurity and replace them with feelings of resolve, clarity, and confidence.
Strategic Futuring Workshop:
Celebrate your progress and create an accountability plan to maintain your momentum. Where will you take your business or your passion project next? What plans do you intend to make, moving forward?
Additional activities to support your journey include:
Q & A each day with a coach.
Mindfulness modalities to explore and expand existing practices
Coffee and accountability breaks to stay focused.
- Collaborative work sessions to inspire new perspectives.
- Gourmet, healthy and delicious meals daily (all dietary requirements catered for); (All breakfasts, all lunches, and dinner on first and last evening of Retreat)
- Modern, newly furnished private eco-casitas
- Exquisite open-air yoga shala with jungle views
- Queen and King sized beds with soft cotton sheets
- Garden and jungle landscapes of Eucalyptus trees, exotic flowers
- Refreshing swimming pools
- Private Beach Club Access
- Transformational entrepreneur focused workshops designed to give you the support you need
- Jungle hikes with coastal views
- Day Spa & Boutique Access
- Airport pick up and drop off
- Wifi/AC/Hot Water
- Safe and comfortable transportation in-country
- Calendar of optional local cultural immersion activities
- Pristine beaches and spectacular sunsets
*Optional add-on activities include:
- ocean-view jungle hikes
- horse riding on the beach at sunset
- Spa & Massage Treatment
- 9-Hole Golf Course
- daily afternoon volleyball & happy hour specials
- surf lessons available
- surfboards available to rent
- rejuvenating yoga sessions, guiding you to flow easily away from parts of your life you are leaving behind, into the parts of your life you are ready to nurture
- bicycles or golf carts for getting around Hacienda Iguana
Venture Within is proud to support CREA, a local non-profit based in Tola, Nicaragua which inspires rural Nicaraguans through literacy, education and leadership in youth development.
Proceeds from your accommodation in Hacienda Iguana are donated directly towards this local initiative. Find out more about CREA’s impact in the local community.
All dietary requirements catered for including vegan, vegetarian, and gluten free.
Healthy snacks will be available during workshop and additional smoothies available for purchase in the afternoon at any of the local cafes.
Breakfasts served with local Nicaraguan coffee & fresh juices or smoothies.
Your choice of:
- Scrambled eggs, gallo pinto, red corn tortilla, avocado and pico de gallo
- Acai Bowl. Made from a blend of acai juice, frozen papaya, blueberries, banana with homemade granola topped with honey and almond butter.
- Breakfast burrito made with 3 free range eggs mixed with mozzarella cheese, potatoes, carrots, kale, ground beef, cumin and cayenne folded inside a flour tortilla served with fresh squeezed juice.
- Two fried eggs with ranchero sauce, gallo pinto, bacon, avocado, homemade red corn tortilla served with a bowl of seasonal fruit.
- Breakfast sandwich served with eggs, bacon, cheddar cheese, and siracha served with fresh squeezed juice and a bowl of seasonal fruit.
- Chocolate chip or Banana pancakes. Three fluffy pancakes served with a bowl of seasonal fruit.
Choose from the salad or sandwich menu:
Create your own salad bowl.
- Choose from a selection of organic mixed lettuce, kale or arugula.
- Veggie toppings of cucumber, tomato, broccoli, onion, carrots, celery and beetroot.
- Protein options include quinoa, lentils, beans, boiled eggs, tuna, chickpeas or chicken
- Cheese options include cheddar, goat cheese, or feta
- Fruit options include pineapple, papaya, or raisins
- Healthy fats include almonds, avocado, or baked plantain chips
- Dressing options are parsley and basil pesto, mustard and honey dressing, olive oil and balsamic vinegar with Italian spices, or tzatziki.
Each salad bowl comes piedina, homemade Italian bread
Delicious wood-fire handmade buns with freshest local ingredients, served with juice of the day.
- El Pavo – turkey, mozzarella cheese, boiled eggs, pickles, lettuce, tomato and aioli sauce
- El Vegano – fried eggplants, hummus, tomato, arugula, caramelized red onion and pesto.
LOCAL RESTAURANTS & DINNER OPTIONS
Your Retreat includes a Welcome Dinner served at Pili’s, a Mediterranean style open-air restaurant on the beach serving hearty, healthy dishes made with fresh, locally sourced ingredients. A variety of gourmet dishes of fish, meat, chicken, salads, and vegetarian/vegan options available.
Your farewell dinner is also included and will be at La Boquita, an ambient open-air terrace overlooking rugged coastline. La Boquita serves an ever-changing line up of wood fire oven pizzas, raspas, and small plates accompanied by a selection of locally brewed craft beers, wines, and signature cocktails.
Each eco-casita is equipped with a full kitchen for you to feel free to cook any meals in the evening if you like.
Alternatively, we’d like to offer the local options for you to try:
- Pili’s – A Mediterranean style restaurant on the beach serving hearty, healthy dishes made with local ingredients. A variety of gourmet dishes of fish, meat, chicken, salads, and vegetarian/vegan options available. A tiki bar offers happy hour specials and a variety of tropical drinks, liquors, wine, and beers.
- Casa Ananas – A quaint Italian restaurant offering homemade pasta, wood oven pizzas, as well as specialty nights serving burgers, Asian food, and Mexican food.
- Don Eloy’s – A sports bar serving pizza, burgers, salads, tacos, and steaks.
Book. Click the “Book Now” button below to submit your details.
Make a Payment. After submitting your details, you will be taken to the “Make A Payment” page so that you can secure your placement with a deposit and a signed participant agreement.
- Deposit of 50% of the total cost is due to secure placement.
- Remaining balance of 50% of the total cost is due 30 days before your departure date.
All payments are non-refundable.
Payment plans are available. Just reach out to me and I can structure a payment plan that works for you and gets you on a Retreat.
Flights. Airport options are Augusto C Sandino international airport in Managua (MGA), Nicaragua, or Daniel Oduber Quirós International Airport in Liberia (LIR), Costa Rica. We will pick you up at the airport upon arrival. Please get in touch with me and I’ll help you arrange for the best possible travel logistics
Covid-19 Testing: Nicaragua requires negative Covid-19 testing prior to entering the country. At this time, the USA also requires a negative Covid-19 test upon re-entry. Please reach out for the most updated information when making your travel arrangements.
Prepare. We will connect with you soon to provide more information regarding in-country travel logistics, your itinerary, and any answer questions you may have that helps you prepare.
Meet Your Retreat Facilitators
Executive Leadership & Life Coach | Curator of Transformational Experiences | Purposeful Travel Advocate | CEO at Venture Within
View LinkedIn Profile
Christy’s professional education expertise has afforded her the opportunity to work all over the world. Since achieving a Masters Degree and Teaching Credentials in Sussex, England, she has delivered educational and leadership initiatives internationally to individuals in the UK, Europe, Cambodia, Thailand, Indonesia, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, South Africa, Canada, the USA, and Australia. Her passion is creating transformational experiences for personal and professional growth through overseas immersion, executive life coaching, and adventurous experiences abroad. She enables and inspires others to live a full and meaningful life.
As an Entrepreneur Coach & Consultant, Erin’s expertise lies in the behaviors and needs of entrepreneurs, identifying burnout cycles & helping them understand their unique flow that affects their focus, creativity, and productivity.
She works with people through one on one coaching & whiteboarding sessions, in group format and highly values collaborating with other experts around the world.
Our Nicaraguan Creatives Sabattical offers you an experience to find your creative flow while staying in a luxurious beach community. Your time here offers a holistic approach to align your passion with your project, nourish your mindset while staying in a supportive community. Your entrepreneurial endeavors will be supported with structured coaching and workshops that blend basic business mechanics, mindful personal growth, and holistic alignment.
In Nicaragua you will stay in modern luxurious accommodations, surrounded by positive energy, a vibrant jungle landscape, be serenaded by monkeys and exotic birds, enjoy healthy cuisine, experience revitalizing yoga, and walk along tropical beaches with a stunning coastline.
Intentionally designed & led by international coaches, Christy Nichols & Erin Riley, who bring their expertise in daily workshops, collaborative work sessions, & optional sessions to optimize a creative’s life.
Ready to focus on your creative project or entrepreneurial endeavors?
I partner with life coaches, wellness or yoga instructors seeking to take their clients to the next level by providing a life-changing retreat overseas. I personally work with educators, facilitators and instructors to co-create an experience that will enhance and amplify your services.
Beginning with understanding the take-aways you want to create for your clients through detailed planning, travel and accommodation logistics, communications and on-the-ground support, I can enhance your offerings in ways that take your business to the next level.
You can expect:
- Personal collaboration from Venture Within’s founder, who has 10 years of experience running experiential retreats overseas.
- Flexibility in fusing a co-created experience combining our expertise to co-create the best possible experience.
- Assistance in planning, managing, and marketing your retreat.
- Access to our overseas community and network of accommodations, and local experiences in Costa Rica, Nicaragua, and Indonesia.
- Back-end platform support for logistics, payments, partnership site hosting, and more.
- On-location support staff, location management, and extra facilitation if desired.
- Transparency, professional treatment, and genuine care for your business from the initial chats to the final moment of celebration at the end of your successfully completed retreat.