Most of my readers know my story. What I do, and why I do it, and the vibrant and interesting life that pursuing my passion has gifted me.
With this life, I create authentic experiences that wake people up. I always have. (Even as a 26-year-old high school teacher in the UK – taking my kids out of the classroom, scooting them onto a train and traveling into London at night. This way they could explore the 18th-century neighborhoods described in literature they were forced to study – I helped make it real for them.)
The programs I now create at 41 are transformational, connecting, and genuine. You are delivered to a vibrant location and into a mesmerizing, tantalizing, and inspiring experience. An experience that changes you inside while you explore, adventure, connect and contribute OUTside. They change the trajectory of lives in refreshing and fulfilling ways.
Some people find adventure. Some people find new careers or light up with new passion projects. Some people find their purpose.
There is a formula for my experiences. One thing that is essential is the mindful, facilitated group engagement in topics not always given the space to unpack when we are tied to round-the-clock routine environments.
Topics such as being open about private fears we all face, sharing personal dreams and aspirations, communicating our needs to be heard, or learning how to speak up when it comes to honoring our personal values.
These are just a tasting of the elements of personal leadership and the kind of growth I believe we need to see more of in our communities. Our round-table discussions (or, in truth, sitting in a circle on floor cushions on hardwood floors) tend to take people deeper, where tearful breakthroughs that lead to change are a beautiful norm.
By creating experiences with Venture Within in intoxicating locations such as Nicaragua, Costa Rica, and Indonesia, and globally with my previous company, I have been able to set the stage for others to achieve this deeper awakening, connection, and activate a more conscious and intentional life in their day-to-day.
As you can imagine, a lot goes into nourishing a business that achieves this, but every experience has the following ingredients:
· Self-discovery, and mindful personal growth– where we explore deep concepts with tangible objectives for my participants to take away.
· Time for private reflection – creating space for inner dialogue to be processed in healthy, at-your-own-pace ways.
· Authentic community building –respected vulnerability and deep connection amongst a group that has created a unique bond through shared experiences.
· Soul-stirring events – cacao ceremonies, sound journeys, Reiki sessions, yoga or other healing events that nurture your soul.
· Adventure- exciting, never-before-experienced activities that aren’t always accessible. Think volcano boarding, horse rides along untouched sunset beaches, swimming in the clearest, warmest ocean, or off-roading under jungle canopies.
· Nature immersion – exploring lakes, volcanoes, beaches, jungles, canyons by horse, bike, motorcycle, tuk-tuk or foot.
· Contributing to local non-profits – giving time and energy to a cause that’s important to the planet and its inhabitants
· Where we stay – barefoot luxury in a place that is clean, charming and conducive to my end goal that each experience be saturated with good vibes and light, soulful energy.
· Location – the refreshing new air we breathe, the locals, the difference in dishes, the shape, language, and mannerisms of other cultures. The place we stay should blow our minds in some wonderful eye-opening way.
Now, in the shadow of COVID-19, my efforts to cultivate authenticity, deep connection, and pure, positive change in our world through travel . . . . these efforts have all come to a screeching halt.
But they haven’t derailed.
Looking ahead, I feel that after this time of stillness and isolation has passed, we humans will have both a great appreciation and lust for the true value of connection.
More of us will recognize our impact on the planet, and be more conscientious of how our actions and behaviors have a ripple effect on our society from the smallest level to the upper echelons.
There will be a greater longing and need for meaningful experiences in the future. More intention with what we all do with our time – I can already see and feel the shift.
This is key for all of us to remember. What is your vision? Where do you want to be and what do you want for yourself?
Whatever your dream has always been, stay the course.
Perhaps the road undulates, and your end goal looks different now. But reaching a place of success and your own definition of pure happiness, this will feel the same.
Keep your long view in mind.
For myself, for now, I’ve redirected my efforts to coaching and personal growth programs online via Zoom. I lead webinars, retreats and workshops. I love the part of this transition that allows me to work one-on-one with private clients who find themselves feeling heavy, or are struggling with their own transition and journey.
A few workshops have even been tailored into an online course aimed specifically for teenagers stuck at home during this strange time in our history. I love my brief time with these young individuals that I otherwise would never have had the chance to connect with.
In this way, no matter the outside shift, I can still be of help.
I can stay focused on my vision of creating mindful experiences that wake us up – to ourselves, and to the world around us – even if for now, it’s through one Zoom session at a time. 🙂
Reply in the form below if my 1:1 you’re ready for my private coaching and mentoring sessions to support you. 🙂
My Stories are pretty good. 🙂
Want to connect? Click below to receive future blog posts, join any of my mentoring programs, ask about how to join an upcoming retreat, or how to co-host your own retreat with me.