My cat looks like this when her day has gone perfectly to plan. I also look like this when my day definitely has not. Twisted upside down, eyes askew, not at all on our feet.
My mother used to use the word “discombobulated” when she felt out of sorts – when clarity, order, or the ticking off of “to-do’s” seemed an impossible feat. She would say she felt “discombobulated”.
Others, when they feel similarly, say that they feel “disoriented”. Dizzy. Maybe confused or mentally and emotionally tangled up.
“Disconnected” is another one.
Whatever is going on, it’s a frustrating feeling that leads to low creativity, minimum productivity, and – for those of us with high ambitions, who self-pressurize, who intend on showing up fully and then proceed to train wreck all day – these feelings of being off track in some way can feel disenchanting.
What we really want to feel is enchanted.
Combobulated? If “-combobulated” means that all I set out to do gets done, and shiningly so, then I’ll take it.
Living in Nicaragua, I am reminded of how little control we really have.
This is a good thing. Being reminded that all we want to achieve will still happen, but sometimes maybe not in the timeline we chose, is something that keeps me in check.
It teaches me patience. It reminds me there’s more going on than just in my little sphere of existence. I’m encouraged to reorganize my approach.
You might have read somewhere that life happens for us, not to us.
And sometimes, life happening for us looks like a day when nothing we planned for actually lines up as we wanted.
And so, when life gets twisted upside down, the best thing we can do for ourselves is abandon our “to-do” list and have a cold beer in the bright sunshine with friends instead.
Because, why not?
Sometimes beer and sunshine are what our day really needs.
Passion, focus, discipline, structure, and drive – these are all attributes leading towards success – to creating a life of our choosing.
But so is the ability to recognize when the flow isn’t flowing.
On these days, we’re better off just letting the discombobulated feelings have their day, and then trying again tomorrow.
I’m sure that’s exactly what my little cat would do, too.
Ready for a change? Join my Mind, Body & Soul Retreat here in my Nicaraguan paradise. Here’s a sneak peek at what kind of experience you can expect:
- ️Gourmet, healthy and delicious meals daily (all dietary requirements catered for); (All breakfasts, all lunches, and dinner on first and last evening of Retreat)
- Modern, newly furnished private eco-casitas
- ️Exquisite open-air yoga shala with jungle views
- ️Rejuvenating yoga sessions, guiding you to flow easily away from parts of your life you are leaving behind, into the parts of your life you are ready to nurture
- ️Queen and King sized beds with soft cotton sheets
- ️Refreshing swimming pools
- Private Beach Bar Access
- ️Beach bonfires & full moon cacao ceremony
- ️Transformational personal growth & wellness workshops designed to give you that mindset shift you need – the mindset that will enable you to believe that anything in your life is possible
- Surf & surf lessons
- ️Jungle hikes with coastal views
- ️Horse riding along the coast
- ️Day Spa & Boutique Access
- ️Airport pick up and drop off
- ️Wifi/AC/Hot Water
- ️Safe and comfortable transportation in-country
- ️Calendar of optional local cultural immersion activities
- ️Pristine beaches and spectacular sunsets
- And so much more . . . .
Details on the Nicaragua Retreat here.
Reply in the form below to find more out about my private coaching sessions.
My Stories are pretty good. 🙂
Want to connect? Click below to receive future blog posts, join any of my coaching programs, ask about how to join an upcoming retreat, or how to co-host your own retreat with me.
Get In Touch